Hydroflask: Do they actually listen to you?

     Now we all know the brand Hydroflask. They have expensive, double insulated, stainless steel water bottles. These water bottles come in many sizes and colors, anywhere from 12 oz to 64 oz, from Starfish Orange to your own custom design. Hydroflask has become a household name for my family. Everyone in my family has one and we all use them on a regular basis. I love how many colors and sizes they come in! I have a yellow one and I absolutely love it. I can leave ice water in it all night and come morning it still has ice in it. Not only does Hydroflask have water bottles, but they also have cooler bags, hydration packs, food jars, and a multitude of accessories for their water bottles. 

 When looking at this brand I was also looking for the reason why they chose water bottles instead of just coolers or hydration packs. I was looking for their Value Proposition. When Hydroflask was being built the owner was motivated by the idea of making life more fulfilling. He was also wanted to inspire an active and joyful life. That is their Value Proposition. That is also why he chose the Tagline, "Let's Go." 

    While I love Hydroflask, others want to state their opinion too. The best way in this day and age to express your opinion seems to be on social media. Social media platforms like Instagram and Twitter gives people the freedom to share their opinions and review products and brands. For this post I'm going to focus on those reviews and opinions. Specifically, people's reviews on Hydroflask water bottles. I used not only Instagram and Twitter, but I also used Amazon Reviews to gain insight into what people think about Hydroflask's products.

    Being a well-known and popular brand gives lots of Reviews and Opinions on their products. For example, Gio Moreno shared his review on Amazon Reviews. He shared this on October 22, 2021. Gio had bought his Hydroflask and it somehow got pushed over and got scratched and dented. He didn't like how easily the product scratched. However, he really liked the insulation, and this was why he didn't return it.

    On Instagram another customer of Hydroflask expressed their love of Hydroflask water bottles by posting how obsessed they are with this product. This post was made on April 13, 2022. The person who made this post is a minor, so I have redacted the personal information of this customer. However, Hydroflask expressed their appreciation of this positive review by liking and commenting on this customers post. 

    Antonio posted his review of Hydroflask's product on Twitter. He stated that he left his Hydroflask in his car overnight. The temperature inside of his car got up to about 100 degrees Fahrenheit. In the morning Antonio decided to take a sip, just to test the temperate of the water inside the bottle. He states that the water was room temperature. He also stated that this product was ranked 10/10 and he would recommend this to a friend. This was posted June 4, 2018, and unfortunately Hydroflask didn't comment or like this post. 

    Unfortunately, Hydroflask did not take this prime opportunity to gain some free marketing. I feel as though Hydroflask should have replied more to their customers' reviews. I think that they should use their social media platforms more to promote their products by speaking to their customers and listening to their customers. They have been reported to delete their "bad" or "brutally honest" reviews off of Google and Amazon. I believe by doing this instead of talking to their customers give them a bad reputation. I think that this is one challenge they face. If I were a Brand Manager I would speak to my customers and listen to their reviews. If people gave a "bad" review, I would privately direct message the customer and figure out how we can help solve the problem and then if the problem is really bad, I would give them a discount on their next product. So that way the customer has the knowledge that they actually were heard and will hopefully come back and buy more products from us and not competitors. This is the link to their website to buy products Hydro Flask | Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coke's Fortnite Island; Helping Promote the New Flavor!

My First Blog!