Coke's Fortnite Island; Helping Promote the New Flavor!

    So, I went to the store the other day and reached for a Coke. When I looked at the Coke I grabbed it was some thing called Coca-Cola Zero Sugar Byte. I was just staring at it and I thought, "what in the world?!" So when I saw this article I knew I had to do a review!
  Coca-Cola's Value Proposition is "Better Taste, Better Feeling." This value proposition evokes feelings of positivity and happiness in its consumers. It pulls on the emotions of the consumers; it makes the consumers feel like their life will be better with a Coke in their hands. 
       Coke has so many flavors, anything from the Classic Coca-Cola to something like Coca-Cola Starlight. However, Coca-Cola took a somewhat new approach to advertising this new product. Coke used a gaming platform called Fortnite to advertise this new flavor. Coke partnered with a company called PWR and made an island called Pixel Point Island. This island is a place where visiting gamers can pay mini games, go on treasure hunts and much more. But the kicker? It's all an advertisement for Coca-Cola's new product. While this may be exciting for Fortnite Gamers, not everyone plays this game. Fortnite is primarily advertised to teenagers and young adults. Fortnite is primarily played by people of the age range 18-24, and only 25% of Coca-Cola consumers are in that age range.
So, this may not be as good of a marketing strategy as they hoped it to be. 
I really liked this marketing idea. It was something new and creative! I think this could be the start of some really interesting collaborations in the future for product companies and gaming companies. I definitely see this becoming a trend in the marketing world soon. If I were a brand or product manager for Coca-Cola and we came out with this new flavor, I would have maybe made this new island more public. I would've used social media more as a link from the consumers to this new product, because social media can be your biggest ally when it comes to the gaming scene. 
    I learned that you can do a lot of advertising in the gaming community, even if your product has nothing to do with gaming.


URL to Coca-Cola's website: BYTE - It's Coming (coca-cola.com)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Blog!

Hydroflask: Do they actually listen to you?